At 05:55 PM 2/12/2001 -0500, James Mastros wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 05:33:05PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> >    package foo;
> >    use attrs qw(cleanup_sub);
> >
> > would be nice, but I don't know that he'll go for it. (Though it's the
> only
> > way I can think of to avoid AUTOLOAD being considered a potential
> destructor)
>Fiat?

Fiat is a good one. Not mine to make, though.

>It's pretty hard (for me) to think of when you'd want an AUTOLOADed DESTROY,
>since if you create /any/ objects of the class, DESTROY will be called.

True, but it's not my job to decide what people should or shouldn't be
doing. AUTOLOADing DESTROY's tricky for inheritance reasons as well, since
you may pick up a parent's version. Still, if someone wants to do it
(AutoLoader, perhaps?), well...

If Larry wants to make that call I'm all for it. :)

>"It isn't possible to AUTOLOAD DESTROY." --perlmem(6)

A nice quote. Alas one not in my docs...

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk