Bart Lateur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> That doesn't mean that davocates for either side don't have anything
> interesting to say. For starters, it's usually dissatisfaction with
> certain aspects of some languages that causes the birth of yet another
> new language, such as PHP (which is more a different programming
> platform than really a different, full blown language) and Ruby.

Sure.  However, when it's being presented in the fashion that it's being
presented in this thread, it hits my mental filters and is completely
worthless to me.

Compare and contrast with the way we discussed JWZ's disagreements with
Java.

I think it's possible for intelligent adults to figure out how to talk
about the things about Perl they don't like without advocating another
language as better, without insulting people, and without using
over-the-top whining that may have been intended to be funny and ended up
just being stupid and grating.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>