Well, generally, I try to keep my mouth shut and stay out of these
kinds of things, but I'd really like to see some more discussion on
this one.  So, ...

It's not a wacko idea, imho; in fact, it could also work quite well
with a "Stop-and-Copy" semispaces-type GC, if Dan elects to go with
something like it.  In addition, it appears, at least to me, not
inconsistent with Dan's initial take on memory management and
garbage collection.  See PDD 3.**  But also see footnote * below.

ACY

*  See disclaimer.

<disclaimer>
Unfortunately, I'm not a deep internals guy; just a middling wannabe.
</disclaimer>