At 08:27 PM 5/6/01 +0100, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>   durian
>        n 1: tree of southeastern Asia having edible oval fruit with a
>             hard spiny rind [syn: {durion}, {durian tree}, {Durio
>             zibethinus}]
>        2: huge fruit native to southeastern Asia `smelling like Hell
>           and tasting like Heaven'; seeds are roasted and eaten like
>           nuts
>
>I think that's rather descriptive of Perl in general.  Its huge, hard
>on the outside, soft on the inside, smells really nasty but if you're
>brave enough (or dumb enough) to take a bite it tastes wonderful.

Have you seen one?  Hard as a rock and covered with spikes.  If one fell on
you from more than three feet it would spell instant death, which would
probably be more merciful than being exposed to the smell.

Grocers either stock them outside or frozen.

It's not what I'd call a positive image :-)
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies