On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 02:10:47 -0800, toolfor...@durchholz.org wrote:
> I.e. it's copying perl6-m over perl6,

I assume that's to select which backend to use for testing. `perl6` is just a
1-line wrapper bash script.
That make target will also recompile the compiler if you made any changes to
it. Very handy during development.

> Testing an installation should not modify it

>From `make -n test` I see that it doesn't. Roast contains language compliance
>tests,
not a verification of a installation. You can run them with `t/fudgeandrun` tool
if you don't want an automated recompilation of changes that all the core devs
need.

A make target can be made that just runs the roast tests. What benefits will we
attain by having such an option?