On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 11:22:29 -0700, sml...@gmail.com wrote:
> A `return` outside a routine now always seems to throw a run-time
> error, as it should:
>
> $  perl6 -e 'return'
> Attempt to return outside of any Routine
> in block <unit> at -e line 1
>
> $  perl6 -e '{ return }'
> Attempt to return outside of any Routine
>  in block <unit> at -e line 1
>
> $  MVM_SPESH_DISABLE=1 perl6 -e '{ return }'
> Attempt to return outside of any Routine
>   in block <unit> at -e line 1
>
> Bisectable points to this fix from Dec 2015:
>
> https://gist.github.com/Whateverable/63b5da597e229d167d8708a43d4501de
> https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/a4ca12a
>
> This ticket can be closed once tests are added to roast.

It looks to me like the tests already in S04-statements/return.t should
suffice, no?

(This appears to be another case where a bug filed and fixed during the
craziness of the 2015 release and GLR was not followed up in RT
by closing the ticket.)

Since MVM_* environment variables are not part of the Perl 6 specification,
tests for those cases aren't a matter for roast... possibly they could
go in the rakudo tree, but it would probably be better to figure out how to golf
that SEGV down into an nqp one-liner... rakudo can no longer produce the
situation that caused that SEGV, so... where to follow that thread I dunno.