On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 8:14 PM ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com <mailto:toddandma...@zoho.com>> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I use postcircumfix [] all the time.  But I don't
    understand the documentation.

    https://docs.perl6.org/routine/[%20]#language_documentation_Operators
<https://docs.perl6.org/routine/%5B%20%5D#language_documentation_Operators>

    would someone please explain what the crypto line means:

    sub postcircumfix:<[ ]>(@container, **@index,
                              :$k, :$v, :$kv, :$p, :$exists, :$delete)

    1  Why the <[]>?  I have always used [] with out the <>.
         Why would I want to use one over the other?

    2)  Where does it state that the <> is optional?

    3)  What is a **@?  *@ is a slurp all remaining.   A
          super duper slurp?

    4)  What is :$k, :$v, :$kv, :$p, :$exists, :$delete
          and where are they defined?

    5)  Why does :$k, :$v, :$kv, :$p, :$exists, :$delete
          have colons in front of them?

    6)  Where is the --> return described?

    Yours in confusion,
    -T