Stage start      :   0.000
Stage parse      :  13.150
Stage syntaxcheck:   0.000
Stage ast        :   0.000
Stage optimize   :   0.351
Stage mast       :   1.133
Stage mbc        :   0.019
Stage moar       :   0.000

GetUpdates.pl6                  <-- my program starts here
Mozilla Mirror <releases.mozilla.org>
Debug is OFF

The "Stage parse : 13.150" is eating me alive!

-T

On 4/28/19 12:01 AM, Timo Paulssen wrote:> Please give this a try:

>      env RAKUDO_MODULE_DEBUG=1 perl6 GetUpdates.pl6
>
> and tell me if any of the lines it spits out takes considerable amounts
> of time before the next one shows up.
>
> Then, you can also
>
>      strace -e stat perl6 GetUpdates.pl6
>
> to see if it's going through a whole load of files.
>
> without the "-e stat" you will get a whole lot more output, but it'll
> tell you pretty much everything that it's asking the kernel to do.
> Pasting that whole file could be a privacy concern, especially if it
> iterates your entire home directory, which is still my working hypothesis.
>
> HTH
>    - Timo

My home directory is pretty small, except for .wine.
All the good stuff is on my network shares to share
with my numerous VM's

$ env RAKUDO_MODULE_DEBUG=1 perl6 GetUpdates.pl6 >   GetUpdates.debug 2>&1
http://vpaste.net/xmwcd

$ strace -e stat perl6 GetUpdates.pl6 > GetUpdates.debug 2>&1
http://vpaste.net/8ekeI