> [strict typing]
>
> Not a negative, but realize that many people find it
> of less value than the annoyances it brings with it
> (myself included)

Michael, I don't know which is more impressive; the
fact that use of a strictly typed language implies that
a copy of you would land on the poor unsuspecting
programmer's desk, or that you are self-deprecating
enough to acknowledge that this would probably be
an annoyance (at least in the first seconds or so
prior to recognition of the rather cool magic involved).

> > It could work in perl when perl is being used in an
> > FP manner; that would indeed be very Perlish.
>
> Yes!  That would be a magic trick I'd love to see.

Indeed.