  DS> Perl bytecode will have three sections:

  DS> 1) Fixup section. RW. This has all the real-address pointers and
  DS> suchlike things stored in it. It will be abused as needed when

  DS> 2) Constants section. RO. Holds constants. (I bet that was a

  DS> 3) Instruction section. RO. Holds the actual bytecode. Everything
  DS> here's position independent--it either refers to things relative

and where does the op code dispatch table fit in? it has tobe updated at
load time with the real address of the functions. is this part of the
fixup section? and what about maps for any dynamic libs (inline or XS to
be)?

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com