On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Daniel Grunblatt wrote:

> Suppose auto{conf|make} is OK, won't there be any copyright issue?

Probably not.

The scripts generated by autoconf do not fall under the GPL.  (They did
for autoconf-1, but that restriction was changed years ago.)  The end user
need not have autoconf itself.  Thus the released parrot.tar.gz bundle
could still go out under whatever license(s) is (are) eventually selected.

If, however, we end up needing to maintain and modify a forked version of
autoconf in order to get parrot to build, then we do have to respect the
copyright on that forked version.  This again doesn't have to go into the
parrot.tar.gz, but it has to be handled correctly and may count towards
"any copyright issue".

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics