At 12:01 PM 11/2/2001 -0500, Andy Dougherty wrote:
>There's no reason to have the perl community running
>two different versions.

There is one reason.

Licensing.

We don't have a solid license for perl 6 yet, but odds are it'll be
different from perl 5's license, and until we know they're the same or
compatible, we can't necessarily lift things out of the perl 5 source
without permission of the original author and anyone who might've patche
the code we're lifting.

You have no idea how thrilled this makes me... :(

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk