> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:56:50PM +0100, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > Could you please mention the DotGNU project also?  We're also building,
> > among other things, a C# compiler and CLR runtime.
>
> I could do, but DotGNU is, as you say, doing other things as well.
> We *aren't* doing what Mono is doing;

It'll be safe to add DotGNU into each of those sentences.  In
this area, we're building the same kinds of things that Mono
is also building.

> we *are* doing something like what parts of DotGNU are doing.

I think that this is not accurate.  You're doing something that
DotGNU is very interested in, but that we're not building
ourselves, but rather we're waiting for Parrot.

> If you want to give us a paragraph or so about why DotGNU is
> or isn't like Parrot, I'm sure Bryan or Ziggy could put that
> in the FAQ too. :)

How about this:

DotGNU and Parrot
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unlike .NET and Mono, the DotGNU project http://www.dotgnu.org
wants to support multiple bytecode formats.  The various virtual
machines and JIT compilers are implemented as plugins for SEE,
the "Secure Execution Environment" daemon.  There is significant
interest in a Parrot plugin for SEE, so that Perl (and other
languages that can be compiled to Parrot) can be used for
implementing DotGNU webservices.

?

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com