Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       At the same time as this was going on, considerable interest was
>       being generated in the programming community as a whole and in
>       the open source community in particular concerning Microsoft's
>       .NET architecture and Common Language Runtime, culminating in
>       Ximian's "Mono" project, an open source implementation of a C#
>       compiler and runtime. (We will examine Parrot's relationship to
>       .NET and to Mono in later sections.)

Could you please mention the DotGNU project also?  We're also building,
among other things, a C# compiler and CLR runtime.  BTW you may
recall that a while back you expressed interest in the possibility
of Parrot becoming one of the bytecode languages that DotGNU will
support,  and hence Parrot is mentioned (with a link to the
website) on http://www.dotgnu.org/arch.html

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com