From: Hong Zhang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 04:10 PM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: on parrot strings

> > But e` and e are different letters man. And re`sume` and resume are
> > different words come to that. If the user wants something that'll
> > match 'em both then the pattern should surely be:
> >
> >    /r[ee`]sum[ee`]/
>
> I disagree. The difference between 'e' and 'e`' is similar to 'c'
> and 'C'. The Unicode compability equivalence has similar effect
> too, such as "half width letter" and "full width letter".

German to English
 schon => already
 schön => nice

2 totally different words.

I am talking about similar word where you are talking about different word.
I don't mind if someone can search cross languages. Some Chinese search
enginee can do chinese search using engish keyword (for people having
chinese viewer but not chinese input method.) Of course, no one expect
regex engine should do that.

The "re`sume`" do appear in English sentence. The "[half|full] width letter"
are in the same language.

Hong