> Keep track of global (or interpreter local) scope with a macro
> upon entry.

I shudder every time someone says "macro" on p6i.

perl5 has several thousand macros defined.  (grep for ^#define) (over
8000 if you include all the embedding macros.  it's down to ~4000 if you
cut out embedding, config.. and closer to ~1500/2000 if you rip out more
things.)

This makes it wonderfully challenging to debug.

Macros are a useful feature of the C language, but we should be very
careful in how we use them.  (I'm not saying don't use them at all.)
I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere between no macros and perl5.
We should look for it.

-R