At 1:59 PM +1000 4/19/02, Andrew J Bromage wrote:
>  > Interesting. Could you give an example of how an op with metadata
>would look?
>
>Sure.  Here's some of my experimenting with what is the right kind
>of metadata to attach.  Brief glossary:

Ah. Hmmm. Well, we're already attaching some metadata to ops in a
different way--that's what the op and inline keywords are doing. For
metadata that use parameters I can see a scheme like you're
proposing, though for others it doesn't work.

So things like the potential exception-thrower, dead-end, or
deprecated probably ought to be done the way we're doing now, with
things that take parameters done differently. (Though I can see
parenthesized parameters--branch(3), say)
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk