Dan Sugalski

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          To:       Andrew J Bromage
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                               cc:

                      04/29/2002 10:53         Subject:  Re: Subroutines...

                      AM

>Just for chuckles, I went and benchmarked things, as meaningless
>numbers are useful to have. With my current GCC3/-O3 build of parrot,
>the cost to do 10,000,000 sets of saves is as follows:
>
>save all: 5.3 sec usertime
>   save 1: 2.6 sec user
>   save 2: 4.7 sec user
>   save 3: 6.8 sec user

Wow, if you got this on your VMS box, It should do about 20,000,000
ops on my 386? :)

J/K I love VMS but couldn't resist.

What CPU is this benchmark on, seriously? I've been watching
the Athlon XP chips drop in price and want to rebuild my single
CPU Linux box with one soon.
-Melvin Smith

IBM :: Atlanta Innovation Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED] :: 770-835-6984