I'd like to be able to use REs to generate lists of strings.  For
example, it might be nice to create a loop such as:

   for $i (sort(p:p5|[0-9A-F]{2}|)) {  # "p" operator for "production"?

and have $i walk from '00' through 'FF'.  Or whatever.

I created a specialized macro-preprocessor several years ago, in order
to mechanize the production of families of related class definitions
for C++ (Feh!).  It was amazingly powerful, even in the primitive form
I implemented.  I wonder whether the A5 REs could be coerced to serve
in a more powerful and integrated manner in Perl6.

-r
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.