[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Likewise, could we please have a modifier that makes <> literal, and aliases
> <> as something else so *ml can match easier?

I very much doubt it.

But I'm sure someone will eventually write the five-line (!) module that
changes
<assertion> to <<assertion>>, thereby freeing up single < and > to be literals:

        grammar Grammar::SingleAngles is Perl {
                rule regex_metachar  { \<\< | <![\<\>]> <Perl::regex_metachar> }
                rule regex_assertion { \< <Perl::regex_assertion> \> }   # require
<<..>>
        }

        caller{MY}.parser = Grammar::SingleAngles;

;-)

> The most serious objection to this was 'well, use modules for matching *ml" -
> which simply points out that the current incarnation of perl6 regex doesn'
> t handle a very large class of matching problems very well.

No, it points out the fact that matching *ML is very much harder than most people
think, leading them to do it very badly, resulting in subtly buggy code. I don't
feel at all bad that we've made that harder to do.

I have no doubt that, once Perl 6 is available, we'll see a rash of modules
released in the Grammar:: namespace. Including Grammar::HTML and Grammar::XML.

Damian