Jim Cromie sent the following bits through the ether:

> can we could invent a super-lightweight markup language
> that #parrot-eers would type into the stream to put meta-info into it ?

OK, I'll finally join this discussion. Yes, IRC is handy for realtime
questions like (just an example as it happened last night):

19:33 < blogan> What's the best way to debug parrot?
19:33 < seano> probably parrot -t
19:33 < seano> 'least that's what I do.  launch a "parrot -t foo.pbc" in gdb
19:36 < blogan> OK, it's the -t that's the key.
19:37 <@acme> if you want to debug parrot code, there's also the parrot
              debugger: do make pdb

And look, once we found a problem it made it straight to the list. IRC
is useful as a supplement to the list. Sometimes it's easier to hash
things out in real time, but mostly people just want to check
something out before either producing a patch or initiating further
discussion onlist. Don't worry about IRC. If you want to help develop
parrot, it's another avenue but you're not missing important things in
the Parrot world if you're not on it as everything happens
onlist.

OK, apart for general "more docs" what in particular does anyone not
understand about Parrot? We'll try and help and then add docs or
whatever.

HTH, Leon

ps as it so happens, blogan's question could go into a faq...
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
scribot.................................http://www.scribot.com/

.... I'd love to go out with you, but I'm taking punk totem pole carving