In a message dated Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Miko O'Sullivan writes:
> OK, would that notation ( @arr[] = $var ) be something that could be added
> by a module, in the same way that operators and /* */ will be addable?

I don't think we've seen too much about how Larry plans to do
Perl-munging-Perl except that we know it will be much more easily
possible, and it will be based upon the grammars we saw in A5.

That said, you could add this syntax fairly easily in Perl 5 with source
filters (well, as easily as source filters ever are).  I'd be highly
surprised if that ability went away in Perl 6.

You've often asked this list, "will doing X in a module be possible?"
Consider the things that Damian's already done with modules in Perl 5.  I
think Damian's involvement in Perl 6 if nothing else will insure that, no
matter what X stands for, the answer will be "yes." :-)

Trey

(With the possible exception of modules that disobey the laws of physics,
but I'm not putting anything past Larry... no strict 'physics' ;)