> > $ perl6 -k examples/life-ar.p6 5
> > Running  generations
>
> This problem is due to the fact that the argument strings are
> created with the external flag set, which is not properly
> supported by the string and GC modules. Steve posted
> some patches recently that might well fix the problem,
> but I have been leaving those for Mike to look at.

Yes yes, I've been a lazy bum. :) It's currently the summer->school
transition for me, so I might be a bit spotty for the few days, too.
You're right in that this bug is probably just a result of unimplemented
external-ness, in which case, applying Steve's fixes should make this
problem go away.

Mike Lambert