LT> Leon Brocard (via RT) wrote:
>> # New Ticket Created by  Leon Brocard # Please include the string:
>> [perl #17159]
>> # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this
>> issue. # <URL: http://rt.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=17159 >
>> There is a problem building imcc under Mac OS X at the moment,
>> but I'm afraid I don't know enough to fix it, so here it is:
>> [dhcp-client-56:parrot/languages/imcc] acme% make
>> cc -pipe -fno-common

LT> I don't know, where all these flags come from, my imcc.in doesn't
LT> produce them, but anyway:

LT> Either remove -fno-common or do something like this:

Apple's perl5.6.0 has the following in ccflags, and we have it in the
hints file, so that is why it appears.

[pitmac:~/cvs/parrot] falcone% perl -MConfig -le 'print $Config{ccflags}'
-g -pipe -pipe -fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -flat_namespace -DHAS_TELLDIR_PROTOTYPE
-fno-strict-aliasing

If I take -fno-common out of the main Makefile for parrot, then make
shared and make for imcc die with weird ld errors (undefined symbols
for _mail and ___eprintf).  So, I don't know if removing -fno-common
is a viable solution.

-kevin

fools.  -- Douglas Adams