In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>2) What PASM ops should above statement generate:
> >>a) add_p_k_p_p_k (i.e. all variations of /p(_k)?/ )
> >>b) add_p_k_p_k_p_k
> >>   if b) how to create a NULL key and how does it look like in PBC?
> >>
> > As things stand it would have to be option a, or at least that is
> > what
>
> > the current assembler would generate. There isn't much else it can do
> > really - how would it know when to generate a null key for an operand
> > and when not to?
>
> If there is a plain P0 without [], the assembler hat to insert a NULL
> key instead.

In other words we assume all PMC arguments have a key, so you can
never have a p in a opcode name with one of k/kc/ki/kic following it?

You will still get horrible op explosion for a three argument op as
even if you assume that all PMCs are keyed, there are four key types
which, with three operands, gives you 64 ops in total.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu