Tom Hughes wrote:

>>If there is a plain P0 without [], the assembler hat to insert a NULL
>>key instead.
>>

> In other words we assume all PMC arguments have a key, so you can
> never have a p in a opcode name with one of k/kc/ki/kic following it?

No - only if there is any "p_k" not for _kc/_ki_kic.

> You will still get horrible op explosion for a three argument op as
> even if you assume that all PMCs are keyed, there are four key types
> which, with three operands, gives you 64 ops in total.

No. We would have
set_p_kc
set_p_ki
set_p_kic  ... special shortcut set/get, only one key per op allowed
and
op_p_k_p_k   ... unary keyed, all k are KEYs
op_p_k_p_k_p_k  ... 3 keys bin op, all k are KEYs

All 64 combinations would be a horror.

But I really vote for a predereferencing like solution.

> Tom

leo