At 8:37 AM -0700 9/16/02, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
>It seems to me that by making everything an exception, this patch goes too
>far in a couple of ways.  First, some fallback behaviors make sense.  For
>example, if a class implements set_bignum() but not set_int(), it makes
>sense for default.pmc to wrap the int up as a bignum and send it on,
>rather than complaining.

Nope, that's not for default.pmc to do. That's something that we
should weld more smarts into the pmc preprocessor for, rather than
having fallbacks in default.pmc.

I'd rather default.pmc pitch errors unconditionally. We can, and
should, have some other method of indicating default methods should
be built from other methods, but default.pmc should be dead-boring
and stupid.
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk