On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:37:22 -0400,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Erik Lechak) wrote:

--snip--
>Where can I get a reliable port of cvs for Windows?
>My old executable (v1.11)works fine.

Here are some pointers for you, and for possible inclusion in your "getting
started" document.

CVSHome.org is re-organizing their site, and the Win32 command-line client
is hard to find. Here is the direct URL for the latest version:
        http://ftp.cvshome.org/win32/cvs-1-11-2.zip
                Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.2 (client)
                cvs.exe dated 2002-05-06

I just now tested that client against the parrot CVS server; it works:
        set CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/public
        cvs login
        cvs -Q -z3 checkout parrot

Please consider using -z in your CVS commands; See Dan's message on this:

http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg12054.html
        http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.internals/12061

The old CvsGui.org site, which covers CVS GUIs for multiple platforms has
moved onto the WinCvs site:
        http://www.wincvs.org/

Here is command-line CVS or Mac (Old-school and OS-X):
        http://ftp.cvshome.org/macintosh/

And finally, a Google directory for those who desire further research:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Configuration_Management/Tools/Concurrent_Versions_System/

Hope this helps,
Bruce Gray