At 3:55 PM -0700 10/11/02, Larry Wall wrote:
>On 11 Oct 2002, Simon Cozens wrote:
>: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Larry Wall) writes:
>: > I was thinking more along the lines of:
>: >
>: >     $x &&& $y
>: >     $x ||| $y
>:
>: This isn't Perl; this is merely some language that looks a bit like
>: it.  I can understand the attraction for confusing anyone who comes
>: from a standard Unix language background, but I'm not sure it's a
>: great idea, all told.
>
>I'm not sure either, and that's why I'm thinking about it.  :-)

I think that, for me at least, it'll be close enough to C to be
really confusing. (I already have the problem of leaving parens off
of my function calls when I write XS code...) There's a certain
appeal to not having to swap in almost-but-not-quite-the-same sets of
punctuations when moving from language to language.
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk