Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[imcc...]

> > ... We could use existing ELF tools to, at the very least,
> > provide test result verification.
>

> This is an argument. If we get e.g. bsr fixup at load time done by the
> elf loader, it would be nice.
>

> OTOH fixup is not complicated (imcc does it), but when we have
> e.g. native dynamic libraries mixed with PBC, and ELF does the right
> thing, it would be an advantage. Using gdb is another nice feature -
> but what with different platforms not having all these tools?

For our own bytecode format there are also platforms not having this
tools: All. So its a bit less discriminating but not necessary better.

Dynamic libraries are not simple, and if we get it for free one
platform this is a good thing. Use it on other platforms is a matter
of porting ld.so (which is far from simple).

bye
b.
--
Juergen Boemmels                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fachbereich Physik                      Tel: ++49-(0)631-205-2817