If memory serves me right, Bryan C. Warnock wrote:
> > It looks like we're going to need 8,16,32,64 bit types...
>
> Interesting read.  Dan skimmed over this, but what do .NET (and JVM) doe
> for floating point numbers?

IL (Ecma-335)
--------------
13    4.1.1 Floating Point
14           The floating point feature set consists of the user-visible
             floating-point data types float32 and float64, and
15           support for an internal representation of floating-point numbers.

Float32 -- Single
Float64 -- Double

And,IIRC the same for JVM as well ?.

> Are we still targeting a middle ground for C?  (Enough to be able to
> parse and handle structs natively, and possibly even make calls
> natively?)

Hmm... would be thinking of something like PInvoke in C# ?
(viz a lot like JNI, but marshalls/unmarshalls args automatically,
 and we've managed to wrap parts of X11 with it).

Or are you thinking about compiling C to Parrot ?
<Dan> : "Consider it both mildly interesting and mildly bemusing :)"

Gopal