At 10:35 PM +0100 10/21/02, Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 04:54:48PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 At 9:27 PM +0100 10/21/02, Nicholas Clark wrote:
 >On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 03:18:37PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
 >
 >> I'm currently committing the new splice vtable method for array classes.
 >> And finally, PMCs are currently only copied in, not cloned - I don't
 >> know, what is correct.
 >
 >"clone" is a deep copy? whereas "copied" means that another reference to
 >the
 >same object is stored?
 >
 >If so, I'd say that if only one option is available, then it should be
 >copied.

 Copying is the right thing to do here. If the compiler wants to put
 copies of things into an aggregate, it can make copies first.
You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think it
means. :-)
D'oh! Yes, the PMC *pointer* can be used directly. The PMC being inserted in with the splice operation does *not* have to be cloned, copied, or otherwise twiddled with.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk