On 2 Nov 2002, Juergen Boemmels wrote:

> Ok, I tested the patch (I tried to use this scratchpads for the scheme
> compiler)
> One thing I missed (or at least didn't find): How can I generate a new
> scope? new_pad generates a new one one the pad stack with a size which
> is actually smaller than the current one.

I may be misunderstanding the question, but I'll try and answer anyway.
There are two ways to create a new scratchpad. The first looks like:

op new_pad(in INT)

which creates a new scratchpad and grabs to depth <int> of the current
scope (i.e. the scratchpad at the top of the stack). This I think will
be the usual way to create a new scope. The alternative looks like this:

op new_pad(out PMC, in INT)

which does the same as the previous form, but does not push the new pad
on the stack, rather it is stored in the given PMC register.

Does that answer your question?

--
Jonathan Sillito