Hi, Michael,
I personally like perldoc.com documentation .
I think that for now we do not need a comrehensive reference.
we just need a series of more or less connected and ( not to be afraid
if ) overlapping esseis  on particular topic with many code examples
which may be after collected ( in orginized way , or be referenced )
to become tests . I agree , we need to have a general "structure" of
the language . and essays "filling" the entries in it. Like in
perldoc.com , for each concept or several related concepts there may
be a "overview - type" essay , a "beginner" level , a "comprehensive"
and maybe one full of questions that we asked or we think would be
useful to ask on that topic. FAQ's are very usefull. so something like
FAQ section in each essay.

E.g. I think your /var.html introduction is too large and it would be
good to break it in peaces. which can grow up afterwards.

arcadi.