"Joseph F. Ryan" wrote:
> I really like the current perldoc.com appearance.
> Couldn't we just use that? (for now, at least)

Sure, but it's possible we want the data sliced several different
ways... so we have to figure out what those ways might be.  For example,
if we want a treelike structure with a lot of crosslinking, we have to
decide the best way to navigate that.

> >TASK 1d:
> I think exactly how /parrot/languages/perl6 has it now.

Yep.  Unless multiple people object, or someone thinks they have a
better proposal.(?)  Our major goal should be to have test cases closely
associated with each sub-(sub-sub)-section, e.g. organized in the exact
same manner, so that it's trivial to see what things do and don't have
tests associated with them.

> On another note, is there place (CVS) that can be set up
> that this stuff can uploaded this stuff to? :)

Not yet.  We'll almost certainly just tack our stuff onto the current
Parrot/Perl6 CVS tree, since that's the obvious place for it.  But I
note that CVS is pretty horrible at certain things -- it's a crappy way
to coordinate on documents -- so I'm still thinking we want an online
system of handling additions/comments/notations/edits, roughly similar
to what I tested in the POOC with the bbs-thread-on-each-page.  Again,
see http://cog.cognitivity.com/perl6/

A system like that is better set up for instant-visibility _proposed_
edits, but the actual text is still committed by the moderator, so it's
a well-proven way to coordinate efforts for large, granular projects
like this one.  If we used CVS directly to patch/commit actual
sub*sections, we'd run into the whole "battling edits" and patch/commit
blackhole imposed by CVS systems.  It's bad enough with code, but for
docs it can be infuriating.

MikeL