[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Damian Conway) writes:
>  > Why does everything have to be built into the first version of Perl 6?
>
> Everything doesn't. Everything shouldn't be. Just the really common,
> important stuff.
>
> I have to confess though, there are *many* times I've wished for
> this particular functionality as a built-in. Which is why I'm
> spending time on it now.

This may be a useful distinction: stuff which is built into the
language versus stuff which is shipped in the default libraries of the
language.

A categorise method would be just grand, and I think it should be
shipped with the default Perl 6 array classes, but Perl 6 The Core
Language wouldn't need to know about that particular method if it
didn't want to.

--
A Law of Computer Programming:
        Make it possible for programmers to write in English