At 8:07 PM +0000 12/9/02, Smylers wrote:
Perl 6.0.0 can't be perfect, but please can we aim to be as close as
possible.  Releasing a language with the caveat "but we've missed out
lots of important functions that we expect to add in the next version or
four" strikes me as a little odd.
I think we're better off shooting for 6.0.0 not getting in the way in spots we're not sure of, rather than perfection. We can fix an awful lot later if we don't get in our own way now.

I fully expect that the keyword list will be closed off for rather a long time, though, once 6.0.0 has been released, so perhaps energy would be better directed in figuring out how to make something like purge (and its syntactic cousins) work as an add-on?
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk