[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael Lazzaro) writes:
> I think that is covered by C<~~>.  As long as we can create
> class-specific variants of smart matching, we're fine.

If we can't, case^Wgiven statements become very boring indeed.

For reference, and purely for reference, Ruby has four object comparators:
    a == b       # They have the same value
    a.equal?(b)  # They are utterly the same object in memory
    a === b      # They are "equivalent" (class-specific comparator and case
                 # statement comparison operator)
    a =~ b       # They "match" (class-specific comparator)

--
Pretty, smart, sane:    Pick two.
    - Ron Echeverri