At 3:45 PM +0000 1/12/03, Nicholas Clark wrote:
Prior to this, on IRC Dan said to me that we need to avoid the hack that perl5
found itself in, when it had to retro-fit the ability to change the compiler
flags per file.
Right, I want to do it right to begin with, as we'll undoubtedly have to do it anyway.

This is all compiler and platform dependent. Pulling out GCC as an example, -O3 is too much for one or two of perl 5's source modules, but only on certain platforms and certain GCC versions. I have no doubt that we'll trip some C compiler bugs somewhere as well, so we might as well plan for it now.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk