At 3:03 PM -0800 1/15/03, Jonathan Sillito wrote:
Sounds like we want objects *and* classes to support:

static_attribs - which are defined at compile time and
accessed by offset probably stored in an array.

dynamic_attribs - which come and go at run time and are
generally accessed by name and likely stored in a hash.
Yep. I've pretty much decided that classes are objects, so the one falls out of the other there. We can deal with the dynamism fairly simply, though there are issues of efficiency, as I have the feeling that supporting the dynamic case well (which is reasonably rare, relatively speaking) will make all cases, or at least all method calls, slower. I think. Need to ponder this more.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk