We should bear in mind that Larry has had some health issues.
And that he's currently unemployed with four children to support.
Other matters are taking precedence at the moment.
Hmm... If the Larry and the Perl Foundation would be agreeable. I'd just as
soon see a grant set up for Larry again this year. And if so, I'd like to
see the Perl Foundation grant(s) publicized before tax-deductable donations
to non-profit organizations can no longer be applied to 2002.
It's my understanding that TPF is not intending to offer Larry (or Dan)
another grant for 2003. They feel that too many people have come to see
TPF's role and contribution to have been limited to Perl 6 (though
funding Dan was in fact supporting the much broader benefits of Parrot development and funding me probably benefitted Perl 5 even more than Perl 6).

However, I am sure they would welcome feedback on what the community would
actually like to donate towards:

http://www.perlfoundation.org/index.cgi?page=contacts

If so, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to match last years' contribution.
[People may not realize what a very generous offer that is. Garrett has
 been a *major* contributer in the past. And, unless he's living in a
 parallel economic dimension, funds must be tighter this year.]

Damian