At 8:46 AM +0000 1/28/03, Piers Cawley wrote:
Bugger. I was hoping that Perl 6 was going to make a Pixie like Object
database easier to write; looks like I'm wrong. One of the things
Pixie does is to attach its control data by magic to the object itself
(rather than any particular variable pointing to it). This lets us do
all sorts of useful stuff without invading the object since we know
that it will carry our metadata around it. Please, consider making
<but> properties attach to the target of a pointer rather than to the
pointer itself. And if you don't want to do that, I'd say that there
is a need to be able to specify some new kind of property that does
attach to the target.
Given the current implementation (And I hear rumors that you lurk on the internals list, Piers... :) I think we can manage something like this. Might require a drop to assembly somewhere, perhaps hidden behind a function rather than with syntax, but it should be doable...
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk