* Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [030128 19:30]:
> Ah, I've been hoping to avoid this for a while for sheer, screaming
> lack of tuits, but... Here's the deal for 'safe mode'. (For
> background, as everyone in the Unix world seems to be happy
> reinventing security wheels,

Hey!  I wasn't trying to invent anything... I just wanted to
steal it from the wrong place ;)

> surf over to the VMS doc site at
> http://www.openvms.compaq.com/doc, and the VMS system security manual
> specifically at either
> http://www.openvms.compaq.com/doc/731FINAL/6346/6346PRO.HTM or
> http://www.openvms.compaq.com/doc/731FINAL/DOCUMENTATION/PDF/OVMS_731_SYS_SEC.PDF)

[snip]

Thanks... I'll get reading...

one more quick question.. would it be possible to play linker games
to redirect syscalls (from compiled c) to wrapper functions that check
permissions?  Would that allow us to secure dynamicly linked libs??

Cheers,
Tom