Thank you very much. That example works for me.
One question: What is the preferred way of telling parrot about .so files like libPQt.so.
Is there some location within the parrot hierarchy where these can be put to be dynamically found? If not, should there be?

If pxs is truly obsolete, please trash it ;-)...it would help greatly when trying to figure out where to go...also a short doc(e.g. docs/native_calling.pod) would be great to help people find this.

Thanks
-Tupshin

Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Tupshin Harper wrote:

Taking a look at the pxs example (is this the right place to be looking?), and I'm having problems compiling PQt.C per it's own instructions.

I don't know, what's up with pxs, but AFAIK this is obsolete and replaced by the NCI (native call interface).

Attached is the Qt example rewritten to NCI. This will probably only run on i386, which builds thunking functions on the fly, other $archs will need adjustment in call_list.txt.

s. also t/pmc/nci.t, nci.c, build_nativecall.pl, call_list.txt and last but not least the docs.

BTW, should I check this in?
Into examples/nci or just replace the pxs files?

leo