If memory serves me right, Simon Wistow wrote:
> I'm not sure if the tutorial has gone anywhere but I cam across this
> earlier which may be useful as a start.
>
> Something about using TreeCC would be nice as well.

What would you need about TreeCC ?. I think Rhys has written a nice
write up for the Free Software Magazine's first issue a copy of which
showed up in his site as well (southern-storm.com.au)

I had written a very simple compiler targetting Parrot (IMCC) which also
pushed out IL and Perl 5 (thanks to Leon Brocard) and one day might
spit out Python and C as well. And all this from the same AST & parser !

http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/expr_compiler.tgz

which does for/while/if , integer variables & string literals. I think
it would be a nice starting point for people to poke a stick at treecc.

I'd be happy to discuss anything about treecc (like if someone wants to
write a perl6/5 gen for treecc) , but technical discussions about
treecc are better off in [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

Gopal