On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:58:39PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Allison Randal) writes:
> > > Oh well, it was only two letters.  There wasn't anything about
> > > approximate matching in A5, was there?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean, could you give an example?
>
> This was a [MZ]u[nr]ich joke, I think.

Well, that might be attributing it a status it didn't deserve, but yes.

  perl -MString::Approx=amatch -wle \
       'print "Close enough" if amatch("Munich", [2], "Zurich")'

It's alright.  It works just fine as a module.  I think Parrot even has
an appropriate opcode.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net