K Stol wrote:

PMCs are used to implement typeless languages

... can be used. Coercing values is the way the Perl* classes work. OTOH you could have a PMC, that is a 128bit integer implementation.

Is it true, that typeless languages only use PMC for their data, or could an
integer in perl6 also be
stuffed in an integer register?

When the source code says so (my $i is int (or whatever the syntax now is)) - or when the optimizer is clever enough and recognices only simple integer usage of a var, it will be stuffed into an I-register.

Am I right about this stuff, or have I misunderstood something?

PMCs can/must do coercing, especially for typeless languages. They can implement a total different behaviour - its up to the lanugage.

Klaas-Jan

leo