  LW> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 10:03:29PM -0500, Uri Guttman wrote:
  LW> : but that is a good name IMO. $s is static vs dynamic (on the stack). the
  LW> : other overloaded meanings of static from c/c++ are baggage we can drop.

  LW> Gee, if static var makes a subroutine stateful, maybe it's just:

  LW>     state $s = 0;

so that becomes a keyword instead of a trait? or is it sugar that the
compiler uses to keep the var around? also is it lexical like my? it
should be as otherwise you could just use our.

i still like static but that is old c habit for me. in any case others
have shown good reason to have something like this vs. the p5 outer
block declare. the BEGIN requirement for init before call is something i
have run into and is annoying.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com