If memory serves me right, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> It's possible to just go ahead and do it *all* at runtime, and have
> no compile time component at all--just a series of "newclass,
> addparent, addattribute" ops, assuming those are the op names we go
> with. Classes just get created at code initialization time or
> something.

That would be cool .. a lot easier to debug this kind of thing ,
especially when you could dump it as imcc and have it constant
evaluated as a bytecode segment (wishful thinking ;)

Question #1 : Are classes allowed to have fields ?
Question #2 : Visibility ?
Question #3 : Static methods ?
Question #4 : Static constructors ?
Question #5 : Destructor semantics ..

Questions #3 & #4 can be emulated and #2 is only optional but #1 & #5
are of concern ..

> instantiate a new class you need a chunk of bytecode around.  It's
> possible that at least some of this is only doable with metadata in
> bytecode, but the bytecode metadata segments can be easily created on
> the fly.

Hmm... like compile some imcc on the fly ?

> Anyone got any feelings or opinions on this, besides "Why yes, I want
> an object system"? :) Class-based info I may be missing would also be
> welcome.

"Why who wouldn't ?"

How would the override of a method happen ? ... would it be purely by
name or would you provide some way to force a method to override
another of a different name ? .. Ie add a method forcibly over an
occupied slot ?.

Gopal