On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 02:04:25PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> All this "make sure no warnings fired" is good thinking.  But why not
> roll it into Test::Harness, and make it switch selectable?  It's
> really T::H that we want keeping an eye on this, right?

No, its definately a test feature.  Much easier to set up (no MakeMaker
muckery), finer granularity (can be done on a per test file basis rather
than a whole suite) and can distinguish between warnings and diagnostic
output (ie. warn() vs diag() vs print STDERR).

Besides, Test::Harness can't portably trap STDERR.  If you can figure out
a way to do it that would solve lots of problems.

If you want to do it to a whole test suite, PERL5OPT=-MTest::Warn::None comes
to mind.

--
"Congratulations, you're a thieving bastard... Now give me back my pants."
"That's MISTER Pants!"